Blacksmith Forge Kit: Two Brick, Anvil, Hammer, Torch, Tongs, and Classes *Free Shipping*
Must order by Dec 13 to receive by Christmas!
Order's placed afterwards will not arrive until Jan. 6th, at the earliest
A complete backyard blacksmith kit.
- TWO BRICK FORGE
- HEAT TREATING TESTER
- BLACKSMITH TONG PROJECT
- ONLINE CLASSES
Free Shipping to USA addresses.
TWO BRICK FORGE
-This is a simple and highly efficient propane forge perfect for knife making, tool smithing and smelting.
- Outer Dimensions: 6.125" x 4.5" x 9"
-Inner Dimensions: 4 3/4" x 2 3/4" x 9"
HEAT TREATING TESTER:
- To make sure your metal has reached the critical temperature for quenching. (It's the red diamond shaped object in the pictures).
- Two Bernzomatic TS99 Torch, so you don't have to go out and find one.
- 3 lb Cross Peen Hammer
- 2 lb Engineer's Hammer
- This is a 15 lb. anvil with a stub horn and a hardy hole.
- It is a simple beginners anvil.
-If treated well will last for years.
(Anvils should only be used with hot metal)
BLACKSMITH TONG PROJECT:
- We provide you with your first blacksmithing project right out of the box, Tongs! Included are two tong blanks.
- Heat Treating Lesson: In our online class you will learn everything you need for quenching and heat treating.
- Forge Your Own Tongs Lesson: Learn how to make your own simple tongs with us in our step by step video lesson.
-Classes are available by your individual weblink website access given to you on a card within the package.
They are 6 1/8 in. tall, 4 1/2 in. wide, and 9 in. long, . (6.125x4.5x9)
Inner Dimensions: 4 3/4" x 2 3/4" x 9"
This feature allows for a project of any length. With this option you can pass longer project through the forge and heat up a longer section at one time by moving it back an forth.
The back of our Two Brick Forge is open and while some heat may be lost this design is still more efficient than larger forges.
It is easy to set up a brick against the back of the forge, thus effectively closing the end and retaining the heat when not using the open end.
They are SAFE:
Our forges have been set up in many places: backyards, garages, apartment patios, workshops, and more. It's a given that the forges will be hot, your are blacksmithing, but due to the thermal properties of the fire brick the inside will be above 2000°F and the outside not even close.
We have been forging with these for years and they are still going strong. We teach our backyard blacksmithing classes with these forges and they withstand the abuse of inattentive (young and old) students.
Ease of Use:
The gas brick forges are by far easier to get going and clean up (a REAL plus).
Turn on the torches and it works. Turn off the torch and you are done.
There is no fiberglass cloth to come undone or replace and no additional brick to "protect" the cloth.
Storage and Portability:
These are perfectly simple forges so you cant mess anything up by moving them. No mis-alignments, no hassle. They are light enough that you can travel with them and set them up at any show or friends house. The forges are square allowing them to pack much easier then round ones.
Our forges are made out of commercial grade fire brick rated for 2800°Fand reinforced with Steel edges to protect against damage and splitting during repeated use.
Handmade in USA
Made to order
Materials: Fire Brick 28, Reinforced Corner Steel, SF90 Cement
Using our Forges, we teach Blacksmithing Classes for beginners and experts. Students of all ages and abilities love blacksmithing with our furnaces. We've made
° Smelting and casting Metal ° Knives ° Hooks °Chest Handles, locks, and Hinges ° Awls ° Axes ° Chisels, Gouges, Adze, and Curved Blades ° Bracelets, Pendents, Necklaces, Rings, and Belt Buckle ° Fire Spits, Rotisseries, Fire Pokers and Roosting Forks ° Flint and Steel Strikers ° Spoons, Forks, Knives ° Scissors ° Screw Drivers
Three (3) individual packages will be sent. Occasionally the packages will be delivered on different days depending on how USPS handles them.
You will need to get:
- Stand: As we have continued to improve our design, one of the simplest stands for this forge is a U.S. standard cinder block (16 in × 8 in × 8 in). You can get a second one to use as a forge backing.
- Propane: The recommended torch uses a 1lb propane bottle. You can also get a hose attachment that will allow you to connect to a 20lb or larger bottles.